Medical professionals anticipate a shortage of PPE during the COVID-19 pandemic and consider that a suitable Face Shield may be produced by makers as long as:
- The face shield provides a tight seal around the forehead to prevent contamination
- The shield has a considerable (>1.25″) separation from the face for ventilation
- The headband be soft and wide for comfort during long procedures
- The shield be as clear as possible
Beyond that, we need to be able to make it:
- Manufacturable at scale by makers, and
- Easy to assemble by doctors or hospital staff.
Here, we try to share the best compromise we could find based on the local shortage of supplies.
- Download files – https://grabcad.com/library/